To choose the correct interface cable, please refer to the Interface Cable compatibility chart.
Support Articles — Interface Cables
It is possible to use a longer 3.5mm stereo auxiliary cable with the IFC200, to increase the overall length. MadgeTech’s supplied cable is approximately 6 feet. This can be replaced with a cable with a maximum length of up to 100 ft, though performance may vary depending on the quality of the cable, so shorter cables would typically be recommended.
I’m having trouble with my Interface cable (IFC200, IFC202, IFC300, IFC400).
Please follow the steps below to install the USB drivers:
- Your interface cable (for example, IFC200, IFC300, IFC400, RFC1000) should be unplugged.
- Download the latest USB drivers https://www.madgetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/USB_Drivers_w_64.zip Save this in a location that is easy to find such as your desktop.
- Locate the “USB_Drivers_w_64.zip” file that you just downloaded. Right-click the file and select Extract all and follow the prompts to extract the contents of the zip file to a folder.
- Open the new folder that you extracted (the folder will also be called USB-Drivers_w_64 but will not have a zip icon) and open it. Double-click “PreInstaller” to run the USB driver installer. Let it scan your computer and install the new drivers.
- Once it is successful you may plug your IFC back in (preferably to a different USB port than before) and wait for the blue light to come on.
- Launch the Software.
- Plug in your data logger.
MadgeTech has an interface FAQ to help customers troubleshoot.