Do you have talent and a great work ethic? We would like to hear from you!
MadgeTech continues to grow and with that new opportunities are created along the way. If you are looking for a thriving technology-driven environment and wish to build a career, contact us today.
Post Date: September 18th, 20209-18-2020
Position Summary MadgeTech Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Firmware Engineer to help create the next generation of data loggers, sensors and accessories. MadgeTech, Inc., is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of data capture technology, relying on our innovative designs and smart interfaces to provide the customer with an exceptional experience. As a successful candidate, you’ll join our team of mechanical, hardware and software engineers to create new and exciting products that push the limits of silicon devices. Our products are exposed to the toughest environments and we pride ourselves on creating the most robust designs. Successful applicants will have the ability to think strategically, but will also be able to manage the day-to-day issues that occur in a small company, displaying strong initiative and problem-solving skills. In return, we can offer a rewarding career with growth opportunity in a fast-paced global company based in Warner, NH
- Design, write, debug and release embedded microcontroller firmware for new data loggers and sensors
- Integrate electronic hardware, firmware, and software into complete systems
- Identify root cause and resolve firmware issues in existing products
- Ensure reliable operation of products under extreme conditions
- Work with a team of electrical, mechanical and software engineers to improve and support the product line
- Develop manufacturing test code and assist in transferring designs to manufacturing
- Effectively communicate progress and problems to management and other departments
- Participate in all phases of product life cycle from specification to testing
- Contribute innovative and efficient design techniques to allow rapid development of new product models and features
- Create and maintain documentation and procedures to ensure consistency and efficiency
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ and assembly language programming for embedded applications.
- Experience with Microchip PIC / ARM or similar microcontrollers
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, I2C, RS232, USB)
- Experience with sensors, transducers, analog to digital conversion, displays, power supplies and batteries
- Ability to work both independently or on a team.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, detail-oriented, organization skills, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Communication technologies (ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, 802.15.4, 802.11.x)
- Graphical user interface (GUI) development
- Digital signal processing and wireless design
- Low Power design
- Experience with software design tools for electrical schematics, simulation and PCB layout.
Please email your resume to [email protected]