What Information Does MadgeTech Collect?
When you use or otherwise interact with our Site we collect two general types of information from users: (i) information that you provide to us such as personal information that identifies or can be used to identify or contact you; and (ii) information that we automatically collect when you visit the Site such as non-personal information concerning your use of the Site.
Information You Provide
MadgeTech does not collect any personal information about you when you use our Site, unless you voluntarily choose to submit or otherwise disclose such information to us, such as when you contact MadgeTech by e-mail or other means of communication, or through our online “Contact Us” form or make a purchase. Personal information (“Personal Information”) is any information about you that can be used to identify you personally and includes, among other things, your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, or other information that identifies you.
If you communicate with us by e-mail, complete one of our online forms through the Site and/or through MadgeTech-managed social media accounts (such as www.facebook.com/MadgeTechInc/, https://twitter.com/madgetech, or www.youtube.com/user/MadgeTechInc, information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the MadgeTech Site. You, however, will not be able to access or use those areas of the MadgeTech Site or participate in online activities that require Personal Information.
Information We Collect
When you visit the MadgeTech Site, we may collect certain anonymous general information sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes non-personal information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the name of your Internet service provider, the operating system you are using, the type of Internet browser you are using, the date and time of your visit and the webpages you visited on our Site. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. We use the information we collect from your web browser to analyze Site usage and to optimize and improve our Site and its operation.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
There are two types of cookies that we and our service providers may use on the Site:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary and remain in the cookie file of your browser only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, all session cookies are deleted. Session cookies are used for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through our Site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the MadgeTech Site.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies are saved in the cookie file of your browser and remain there for a set period of time specified in the cookie. Persistent cookies are activated each time you return to our Site and help us recognize you as an individual user, as well as for anonymous statistical analysis of our Site that allows us to understand how visitors use the MadgeTech Site.
MadgeTech uses web analytics services to help us understand and improve how our Site is used. For example, we use third-party cookies and tools from Google Analytics to collect and analyze data about traffic on our Site. Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device to help us analyze how visitors engage with the MadgeTech Site and to help us improve the MadgeTech Site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from, and the webpages they visited prior to coming to our Site.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used. The information collected by Google Analytics will be transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States in accordance with its privacy practices. For more information about Google’s privacy practices and how they apply to Google Analytics, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
If you would like to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Media Widgets
How to Manage and Disable Cookies
Most browsers and mobile devices are set up to automatically accept cookies. You can adjust the settings on your browser to accept or reject cookies, or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit the MadgeTech Site, please be aware that if you refuse or disable cookies it may limit some functionality of our Site.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect for lawful purposes associated with the maintenance and management of our business while also respecting your privacy. These uses include our internal administration and operations, communicating with you and fulfilling your requests and inquiries, for advertising and marketing, to monitor and maintain the functionality and security of our Site and to improve, develop, enhance and otherwise provide MadgeTech products and services. We may use information collected when you visit our Site for the following business purposes:
- When you purchase a product or service from our Site, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, mailing address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details. We will use the information you provide to process the transaction, and/or send administrative or account-related information to you (such as to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities). Other business purposes that depend on use of your Personal Information include crime or fraud monitoring and prevention, protecting our legal rights, and performing contractual obligations.
- When you complete our online “Contact Us” form with a message or inquiry, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, phone number and email address. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry, provide information you have requested, to contact and communicate with you, and to provide customer service or other assistance.
- When you visit our Site, we automatically receive your IP address and other information about your use of our Site, we collect this information from your web browser to learn about your use of our Site and to compile statistics about visitors to our Site, traffic patterns or related data to analyze and enhance use of our Site.
- We may also use your email address to send you emails about MadgeTech, including information related to our products, services, or marketing and promotional activities, in accordance with your communication preferences.
Legal Basis for Our Use of Your Information (EU Residents Only)
MadgeTech will collect your Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so, where we need your Personal Information to perform a contract with you, where we have a legal obligation to do so or where the processing is in our legitimate interests (such as processing for administrative purposes, direct marketing, product development or improvement, preventing fraud or criminal acts and in support of information security) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the time of collection. We will also tell you whether the requirement for that information is mandatory and explain any consequences to you if you do not provide the information. Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information based on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will take reasonable steps to provide clear notice and describe our legitimate interests.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information for any specific processing activity, please contact us at [email protected] or by writing to:
6 Warner Road
Warner, New Hampshire 03278
Disclosure of Your Information
MadgeTech collects and uses your Personal Information primarily for our own internal purposes. We do not sell, rent or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own promotional purposes, without your consent. MadgeTech may share your Personal Information with its subsidiaries and affiliated corporate entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes. When we do so, our subsidiaries and affiliated corporate entities will use your information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you later consented). We may also receive information about you from other companies owned by MadgeTech.
- Compliance with Laws. In certain situations, MadgeTech may be required to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe disclosure is necessary or required to protect or defend our legal rights, and/or to comply with a legal process, judicial proceeding or court order.
- Service Providers. MadgeTech contracts with third-party service providers and vendors to provide certain services and perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include, for example, our payment processing provider (Authorize.net), website analytics companies (Google Analytics), CRM service providers (HubSpot), and others. We may share or provide your information (including Personal Information) with our third-party service providers and vendors as necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. While these companies may not be affiliated with MadgeTech, they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are not authorized to disclose or make any use of your Personal Information except as necessary to provide such services.
- Corporate Transactions. MadgeTech may transfer, share or disclose your Personal Information, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with a corporate transaction, for example, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, transfer of substantial assets (e.g., if MadgeTech is acquired by another company) or other changes of control or financial status (including in connection with any reorganization or liquidation of MadgeTech).
- Other Legitimate Business Purposes. MadgeTech may share your Personal Information when it is necessary for other legitimate business purposes where necessary to support, respond to, and to provide our products and services to you.
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your Personal Information where we believe it is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of others.
Privacy Rights of Data Subjects
Individuals located within EU member countries and Switzerland may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Information, including the right object to certain uses of your Personal Information, the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, withdraw consent, or request portability of your Personal Information. If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may consider your request under applicable law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request. Please note that if you request a change to or that we delete any of the Personal Information we hold about you, we may still need to retain certain information for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If we have collected your Personal Information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Withdrawing your consent will not affect (i) the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, or (ii) processing your Personal Information under other legal basis.
In addition, you may request details regarding what Personal Information we hold about you, if any. And where the law requires us to do so, you may also have a legal right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information. You can make such a request by contacting us at [email protected]h.com. We may charge a processing fee for this service where permitted by law and we will require evidence of your identity before fulfilling your request.
In some cases, we retain Personal Information for a longer retention period where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, collect fees owed, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or regulation (such as tax, legal, accounting or other purposes).
If you would like to opt out or unsubscribe from receiving any, or all, marketing and promotional communications from MadgeTech, you may do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by writing to:
6 Warner Road
Warner, New Hampshire 03278
Please note that it may take us a few days to process your opt out request and that, even if you opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from MadgeTech, we may still contact you in connection with your activities, relationship, transactions and communications with MadgeTech.
MadgeTech maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your Personal Information. Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure, alteration or misuse, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control. Please be advised that the security of information sent over the Internet through this Site, by email, or otherwise electronically transmitted, is not guaranteed. Accordingly, MadgeTech does not guarantee the security of information disclosed to you or from you through this Site, by email, or otherwise electronically transmitted, and any such disclosures are done so at your own risk.
We use a third-party for payment processing, which allows us to sell our products and services to you. MadgeTech does not store or collect your credit card data or payment information when you make a purchase through our Site.
Our store is hosted by Authorize.net, a payment gateway platform that safely and securely processes credit card and electronic check payments for our customers. Authorize.net complies with industry standards for payment processing and stores your credit card data, which is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our Site and its service provider.
Links to Other Websites
The MadgeTech Site is operated in the United States. If you are visiting the MadgeTech Site from outside the United States, please be aware that we will collect, process, maintain, transfer and store your information in the United States. By using, accessing or providing any information through the MadgeTech Site, you consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States, which may not offer the same level of data and privacy protection and other laws that would be required by your country.
Privacy of Minors
Protecting the privacy of minors is important to MadgeTech. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States, and similar laws around the world, where applicable. This Site, and the products and services we provide are not directed to or intended for individuals under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from or about individuals under the age of 18, or the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements, except as permitted under applicable law. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a minor, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can promptly investigate and address the issue.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 we are required to disclose, upon request, the identity of any third-parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of Personal Information disclosed, for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that under California law, we are only required to respond to such request once during any calendar year.
Such requests must be submitted in writing by contacting us via email at [email protected] or by writing to:
6 Warner Road
Warner, New Hampshire 03278
6 Warner Road
Warner, New Hampshire 03278
Last Updated: May 3, 2019
© 2019 MadgeTech Inc.