The layout of the MadgeTech 4 software is customizable to accommodate user needs and preferences. The software also has an option to restore itself to the original default layout. This is helpful if an element of the interface is missing or difficult to use due to an unintentional change.
This reset feature will undo any layout customization–both intentional and unintentional–and return all panels to their original configuration. To reset the window size and layout to their original positions, follow the instructions below. Save any open reports before resetting the screen layout, as these will be closed by this process.
- Open the File menu in the top left corner of the software.
- Select the Options button in the bottom right corner of the File menu.
- On the left side of the Options menu, select Display.
- Scroll down until the Layout section appears, and select Reset screen layout.
- Because the existing layout will be erased, a window will appear asking the user to confirm. To reset the screen layout, select Yes and then click the OK button on the Options menu.
Note: Resetting the screen layout may take several seconds, during which time the software will be temporarily unresponsive.